- Each Tribal, Agency and Grand Council, and Independent First Nations as a group, that is recognized by the Chiefs-in-Assembly shall be entitled to appoint the following number of Senators:
- those with four or less member First Nations shall be entitled to appoint one Senator;
- those with five to eight member First Nations shall be entitled to appoint two Senators;
- those with nine or more member First Nations shall be entitled to appoint three Senators;
- Of the total Senate members appointed, three shall be a minimum of two Senate Members representing the Cree, Saulteaux (Nahkawe), Dakota, Nakota/Assiniboine, Lakota and Dene Nations.
- A former Chief of the FSIN shall be entitled to seek a position as a Senator after a period of five years from the date he/she completed his/her term as Chief of the FSIN.
Lac La Ronge Indian Band
John Charles (Chuck) Thomas
Beardy’s & Okemasis – Independent Band
Mistawasis First Nation- STC
Senate Chair Ted Quewezance
Kawacatoose First Nation
Okanese First Nation
Whitecap Dakota – STC